Part Two: 2011 triangle UFO investigations offer similar witness testimony from around country

The following are selected triangle cases that were investigated by MUFON during the second quarter 2011. All cases were closed as Unknown UAV. Field investigator notes follow the edited witness testimony.


April 4, 2011 – Tarrant County, TX. CE1, Category 2. Case 28545.

Witness sketch from Case 28545 that occurred in Tarrant County, TX, on April 4, 2011.

“I was letting my dog out in the yard and saw a triangular object moving very slowly to the northwest over my neighbor’s yard,” the witness stated.  “I was looking at mostly the underside of it and there were three white lights and one red light on the underside. The lights were what drew my attention to it. It was moving too slowly to be a plane, was only about 25 feet above the ground and I did not notice any noise. It was not particularly large, but I can’t estimate the size. I thought of the stealth bomber, since it was triangular, but it wasn’t big enough and was so close to the ground that I couldn’t believe that was what it was. I was quite frightened by it and made my dog come back in the house, closed the door and walked away from the door.”

Field Investigator: “Witness stated she was letting her dog out in the backyard when she noticed a green/gray triangular craft with dim, white lights on the tips of the craft and a red light in the center about 40 feet from her yard; stationary. The craft by her estimates was about 25 feet from the ground. Witness said she was frightened and retrieved her dog and went back into the house. Approximately 15 seconds elapsed.”

April 5, 2011 – Jackson County, MO. CE3, Category 2. Case 28549.

“I was awakened at 3:15 this morning by my German Sheppard who came to get me out of bed,” the witness stated. “She would not stop barking at something in the back yard. She wanted me to go to the back door. As I walked through the kitchen I stopped. I could see a whitish/bluish bright light coming in the window in the door and the back windows. I had never seen any lights like this and thought it must be a helicopter looking for someone. I did not hear any sound, though, and thought that was odd. I am a retired police officer and at that point, I felt uneasy, so I went back to the bedroom to get my gun, which is always loaded. I then went back to the kitchen and opened the back door. At that point the light just blinked out. I looked around the yard and looked up where the light was, and saw a very dark, dull black triangle shape above me. It had no lights on at that point. The object appeared to measure the width of my yard (50 feet) and just floated there, unmoving. I heard a noise towards the back fence and looked in that direction. Then I remembered my flashlight and went to get it from the kitchen drawer, when I heard a sound in the hallway behind me. It sounded like an animal of some sort (two clicks), so I shined the flashlight there for a few seconds but saw nothing. I then went back out to the back porch and shined the flashlight in the direction of the noise I heard outside and saw a very strange, short (approximately 4-foot-tall), gray, humanoid-looking creature with big eyes standing there looking at me for just a second or two. It just disappeared – it did not run. Then I looked up and the craft was also gone – I did not see it leave. I stood there, frozen in fear. My dog would not come outside, which is not normal behavior. I am hard to scare after 30 years on the police force. I have FBI training as well and I thought I’d seen everything, but this was not normal at all! My first instinct was to call 911 and I went to the phone, but after picking it up, I put it back down. I know everyone at the police department and even though we have received a few reports of UFOs in the past, I knew they would think I have lost my mind. But I haven’t. I know what I saw. I then locked the entire house up and went to the bedroom, not thinking about the noise I heard in the house before until this morning. My wife was sound asleep and I did not wake her, and I did not tell her about what happened. I thought I was gone only 10 -15 minutes, but my clock said 4:46 a.m. I don’t know what happened to the time! Now this morning I have a red sunburn on my face, neck, and arms like I stayed in the sun way too long. I told my wife that I saw a light outside and went to investigate because she is worried about the sunburn. I may go the doctor about it if it doesn’t go away, but won’t be able to tell him what I saw. I just had to tell someone that this is real and that I’m a 64-year-old believer now.”

Field Investigator: I asked the witness to keep in touch and call me if any new developments arose. I asked him to check the area where the entity was in the backyard and see if there was any evidence.  He stated that he is familiar with evidence collecting and would do so if he found anything.  He seemed very genuine and did not want any publicity.

April 20, 2011, 8:30 p.m., Santa Monica, CA  – CE1, Category 2. Case 28745.

Witness provided this illustrated scene as part of the investigation for Case 28745 that occurred in Santa Monica, CA, on April 20, 2011.

“Two triangle craft roughly the size of a private jet with three lights per craft,” the witness stated. “Each light at the tip of every point of the triangle. The craft shape was elongated, not symmetrical. Both craft were in Santa Monica, corner of 9th and Montana at 8:30 p.m. 20th April 2011, flying east away from Santa Monica beach toward downtown Los Angeles. They were silent and eerie to observe as the moon is fairly big and the sky wasn’t very dark. I got a good look at the two albeit a short amount of time. The crafts were clearly not the usual craft seen around the area, as there is an airport in Santa Monica. They were both flying at low altitude. They were not flying exactly side-by-side. The second craft was at 5 o’clock from the first, but the same speed. I would put the speed at roughly 50-60 mph.”

Field Investigator: “The witness states that he got a really good luck at these objects. They were headed from Santa Monica towards downtown LA (easterly direction). He immediately called a friend of his in Westwood. The friend called back approximately 10 minutes later and stated that he could see just one of the objects. The friend was in Westwood Park near the FBI building.”

April 26, 2011 – Anderson County, KY. CE2, Category 2. Case 32179.

“I and four other persons were taking a late night drive at about 12:30 a.m. out in the country,” the reporting witness stated. “We turned onto an outer city road and were only driving for about 10 minutes when we saw a blimp-like object about 200 yards to our left and about 500 yards in altitude. There was a single row of lights that went all around the object that stayed illuminated and were bright white. There was a flashing blue and white light atop of the object. We followed that object for about a mile. I was not driving at this point, so I continued to search the sky for other objects. The first object made no noise at all. The second object, I spotted first. It was a few miles away and was covered by a cloud. It appeared to have a bright white light that was pulsating. I could only see the lights behind the cloud which looked to be heat lightning. Then the object came from behind the clouds and I realized that what I thought was heat lightning was really the light on top of the object. We then turned right onto another country road and after following the two original objects for about 5 or 6 miles several of us spotted about 5 more aircraft surrounding us. We pulled over and got out of the car when the original UFO was coming directly towards us. When it was about 100 feet away from us and 100 feet in altitude it made the strongest winds I have ever felt in my life; strong enough to almost knock me on my feet. The noise emanating from the object was loud enough for me to cover my ears. It then went to directly overhead and we tried to videotape the object, but nothing showed up on the film. It sped off at speeds unimaginable. We then got back in the car and drove towards the other 6 or 7 objects that were still in the sky. I was driving at this point because the original driver wanted to try to film this on her phone. I felt compelled to follow the objects. Once we had been driving for about 15 more minutes, we pulled over again in an open area. When we got out of the car this time, we counted about 15 objects in about a mile radius around us. We again tried to document the objects but the audio was the only legible thing in the video. At this point we looked in the fields around us and spotted several (5 or 6) objects on the ground about a mile away. They were about 100 feet tall. They had rows of lights on them. The rows were vertical. The first row had red lights. The second had white. The third had a bluish light. They all flashed in sequence and were all perfectly similar with one another. The flashing also was in sequence with the white flash of the objects in the air. After standing outside for about 30 minutes, we got back into the vehicle to see if we could find a roadway that got us closer to the landed objects. When we began to drive again, every one of our phones died. Not at the same time, but in succession. Then it began to rain, but the rain was only falling on the driver’s side of the car. We followed the objects for another 30 minutes and saw several of them coming very close to our vehicle. We stopped in the middle of the road at some sort of country road intersection with a rundown convenience store. This time when we were out of the vehicle, one of the UFOs flew about 50 feet above our heads. This object was triangular in shape and about 100 feet in length. The object was solid with what looked like weird carvings that looked like some sort of circuitry. It reminded me of a computer chip. There was a bright white light on each corner of the triangle. It got directly above our heads, but this made a buzzing sound. When it was there, it hovered and ascended slightly at an angle and then its two back lights went out. It then elevated rapidly and then a red light appeared and the lights were flashing. At this point it looked like an ordinary airplane. There was a second one that came close to us at this point that was disc-like in shape. It came within a hundred yards of us and looked to be about 50 feet in diameter. It had a grayish-black color for the base of the aircraft. It seemed to spin as it moved away from us. This one also had a white pulsating light at the base and the top. The third object that we saw at this point was about 100 yards above us. It was trapezoid-like shaped and on the side of it, it had the same patterned row of lights as the aircraft we saw landed earlier. It, too, pulsated in sequence with the other objects that we could see in the distance in the sky. This object was about 150 feet in length. While this one was hovering about 100 yards above us and about 100 yards away, another one seemed to appear and disappear behind it. The one that appeared, appeared as an orb of some sort that looked to me as if it was caught on fire. I believed at this point, that it had malfunctioned and blown itself up because before it disappeared, it appeared to be descending rapidly. When the object that looked to be on fire disappeared, so did all of the others. That is how we lost sight of the objects. This time that we were out of our vehicles felt like it lasted 10 minutes, but I think it was really about 45 minutes. At this point, we were about 45 minutes to an hour away from Lawrenceburg, KY. On the drive back, we all felt very anxious, and for the first time since we saw the first object, frightened. It was about 4 in the morning at this time. On the drive back, we didn’t spot another object in the sky. At every time that we exited the vehicle to get a better look, there were no visible stars in the area directly above us. It was completely dark. The whole sighting was about three and-a-half hours long as I remember it now.”

Field Investigator: All of them tried to get pictures with their cell phones, but to no avail. After talking to three of the witnesses, both myself and the other field investigator concluded these three were telling us the truth and were not making up a hoax.

April 30, 2011 – New Hanover County, NC. CE1, Category 2. Case 28871.

“At 1:36 a.m. on 30 April 2011, my brother and I walked out on the back porch of our house to smoke a cigarette. When lighting my cigarette, I noticed that the birds were not chirping and there was no noise at all. When I turned my head to the right I noticed a sudden change in color on the ground and trees. Immediately after seeing this I see movement in my peripheral vision and looked up and saw an aircraft in the sky moving northeast; moving over the corner of the house. The air craft is very hard to describe in words. It had 5 circular lights that emitted the orange reddish glow that was in a V-shape pattern, but the craft itself was not exactly V-shaped. It had a long body that seemed to narrow at the front and expand to the rear and it was a blackish metal that had a slight shine to it. The way it moved it was gliding at a slow pace, then slowed a bit more to a near stop, then started moving in at an angle, but the lights of craft did not turn at all and continued moving. Upon seeing it, I thought I was seeing things and pulled my brother out away from the house for him to see it. When we both acknowledged it, it was close to being overhead by then. I felt a sudden fear I’ve never felt in my life come upon me and forced myself into the house. Coming in, we woke our father up and took him outside, but by that time it was gone. Minutes after, the birds started chirping again. Afterwards we both felt very tired and shocked. It was very hard to sleep after that for me.”

Field Investigator: From an earlier report: The witness reported a V-shaped object smoothly gliding under 1,000 feet at approximately 8:40 p.m. on 13 Oct 2010. The witness in that sighting made the following statement, “It seemed to be smoothly gliding like a B-2 stealth Bomber, it was flying slow (200 mph. approximately). It had large low glowing lights emitting a warm, not shiny light. It had no tail, cockpit, or visible engines. Just a thin black V.” The witness also said, “almost yellowish, these large circular lights gave me the feeling it was very advanced technology. Maybe electromagnetic capabilities.” My Conclusion: Many triangular UFO sightings are attributed to the V-shaped B-2 spirit. But with the slow speed and low altitude of the observed craft in my North Carolina case, I think we are dealing with something else. The Osprey and Joint Strike Fighter are military vehicles that can hover but these craft both make a lot of noise and no sound was reported from my case. We know that military training exercises were going on at the coast of North Carolina during April and May. I have another case from 30-Apr-2011 involving orange lights being observed over ocean. This sighting could be part of a military craft observed doing training exercises, but there is enough compelling evidence to list this sighting as an unknown.

May 31, 2011 – Dallas County, TX. CE1, Category 1. Case 29338

“This is the story as it was told to me by my daughter and her boyfriend and I can collaborate it as I was able to witness and hear the UFO as it sped away,” the reporting witness stated. “My daughter and her boyfriend had entered our neighborhood, which is densely populated with live oak trees, around 1 a.m. and noticed there was a stationary object with two lights hovering about 25 feet above the tree line at their 10 o’clock NE about three blocks away. Her boyfriend noticed that the top part of the object seemed translucent and it seemed as though he could see through it and bottom part was more opaque and solid. They turned left on the next street towards our house and my daughter kept the object in sight the entire time. Then they turned right onto the circle where we live. It is a keyhole circle surrounded by trees and we live at the end of it. They then parked the car and got out so they could get a better look. The craft at this time was about a block away and at their 1 o’clock SE still hovering above the tree line. At this point I got a phone call from my daughter telling me to come out immediately as there was a UFO. I ran out of the house and could hear a whirring noise above my head. I looked up and could see an object speeding ahead of me with lights blinking, and then disappearing behind the SW tree line in the distance. My daughter’s boyfriend looked up as the craft passed directly over his head. He said that after they parked the car and got out, the object moved to the 8 o’clock position, then made a right angle turn, then passed directly over our house and over their heads speeding out of sight behind the trees. My daughter’s boyfriends description of the under belly of the craft was as follows; he said it was as big as a house and was about 50 feet to 75 feet from the ground. It was triangular with rounded corners, like a billiard ball rack. It had two round, white lights, one at each end of the bottom of the triangle and one amber light at the top, was gunmetal in color and had an inverted rectangular tray shape inset within the triangle which had parallel lines. He also noticed the whirring noise as it passed over, but it didn’t seem to be an engine noise, but more like a wind noise passing over something. My husband also heard the whirring noise and felt the vibrations as it passed over the house. Nobody heard the noise until it was moving directly overhead. My daughter was not able to get a picture because she was busy calling me and her boyfriend’s phone died just as he tried to take a picture. This is the second time they have seen a triangular craft in our neighborhood. The first time was around the same time about 6 months ago, a few blocks further away and higher up. It also sped away in a southwesterly direction.”

Field Investigator: This investigator studied this case very thoroughly. The interviews with the witnesses’ exceeded two hours. The interview was extremely detailed to look for signs of a possible hoax. While there are a couple of small contradictions, the overall testimony of the two witnesses fit together very well. It is the opinion of this investigator that the daughter is a credible witness, that she is not perpetrating a hoax, and that she did see an object of some sort.

Next month we will examine selected Third Quarter 2011 triangle sightings.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s